Monday, July 25, 2011

Zachary ER 7-16-2011

Friday, my family and I went to dinner and Zachary fell asleep at the table. (This is so not Zachary) Zachary is usually talking to anyone and everyone who walks by. I thought it was unusual but figured his cousins were here and he was just pooped. The next morning he woke up and walked to the couch and went back to sleep. This too was unusual but I let him sleep. He woke up a few minutes later with liquid coming from his mouth and nose and wasn't able to breathe. I thought he was going to throw up and was scared because he has never really thrown up out of his mouth. As a baby he always regurgitated out of his nose. So I called the nurses line and they stated to take him to emergency since he was having a hard time breathing.

The ER Doc listened to his lungs and they took temp and all looked good. The only thing that was strange is my son wasn't talking and he was just laying there lethargic. The doc said ,"Everything is good, but you know your son what would you like me to do?" I replied, "This is not my son! My son would be talking and pulling at your pockets and stethascope and talking to anyone and everyone. There is something wrong with my son, so please do all the tests to find out what is." So they did and the found he was dehydrated and his blood sugar level was 50. The normal blood sugar level should be 70 which I just learned. This is not a Digeorge Syndrome problem or Autistic problem, so I am unfamiliar with this and it kinda threw me for a loop. Basically, he is not getting enough calories and liquids. Don't know how this happened since he drinks and eats all the time... So now it is time again to change what I am doing.. No more raviolis or spaghettios unless they are whole what instead of the can stuff. I have to be careful because he can only eat things that are easy to chew due to his feeding issues. Now more gatorade instead of juice.

Took Zachary back to docs on Tuesday the 19th and had his finger stuck and his blood sugar was 86 which is just fine.. I just have to watch him for this now and be aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment